The pharmaceutical market these days has a wide range of antidepressants. Many consumers have a question of what is the difference between popular anti depressing drugs like Xanax vs. Valium. Both drugs Xanax and Valium both have a lot in common, as both belong to the class of benzodiazepines, and both fight with depression and anxiety. But they also have some differences that are discussed below. Xanax and Valium both are readily available at online pharmacies. You can buy Xanax online and use it as prescribed. The difference between Xanax vs. Valium are –
- The common name of Xanax is Alprazolam, while the common name of Valium is Diazepam. Both are prescribed as antidepression.
- Xanax vs. Valium has a soothing effect on the brain by that your mind feels calm. Both drugs must be taken orally, and both have a quick impact that can be felt in half an hour.
- The effect of this medication remains four to six hours in our body. The half-life of Xanax is approximately eleven to twelve hours and Valium 10mg from twenty to seventy hours. It shows that Xanax 2mg will be removed from our body in less than a week, but Valium will take around six weeks to remove the chemicals from our body.
- Due to the characteristics of the drugs, they act differently for each organism. That is why it may be possible that Xanax is more suitable for someone more than Valium vice-versa.
- Xanax and Valium both may show some side effects. The patients that are taking Valium more often reported that they feel dizziness. Stopping Valium is always easier than Xanax.
- If you misuse these drugs, it can be addictive or shows more severe side effects. That is why it is not recommended that you use these medicines for more than six weeks.
- If you use these drugs for longer, it may be possible there will be no effect of these drugs on your body, and it is more difficult to refuse to take Valium and Xanax.
How do Valium and Xanax work
The principle of action for both drugs is similar. Valium and Xanax affect gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), which is located in our brain, by this the activity of GABA on nerve cells decreases, which allows a person to relax, fall relieve tension, relax muscles and get rid of seizures.
Xanax and Valium show similar side effects in the case of admission, and sudden withdrawal of the drug. Most often, when side-effect occurs, patients complain of dizziness, nausea, weakness, and cramping in the stomach. We emphasize that you can not independently start taking the drug and suddenly refuse it. Side-effects, in this case, can last for weeks or even months. These drugs should be administered under the supervision of a doctor.
Who Should not take Xanax or Valium
There are many categories of people who recommended Xanax or Valium with some precautions or can be used with caution on the recommendation of a doctor. The precautions are
- Xanax and Valium should not be taken by a person who is under 18 years of age. These drugs can be used by the elderly on the recommendation of a doctor.
- We should not forget, in this case, side effects can manifest themselves more strongly if we abuse these drugs. You should need to be careful in the selection of dosage.
- For those people who are suffering from alcohol or drug addiction, Xanax and Valium should not be suggested to them.
- If you are pregnant or going to be pregnant, it is not recommended you use these medications because they may be harmful to your baby.
- The people who are suffering from certain diseases, Xanax, or Valium are not suggested to them.
What to chose Xanax or Valium
From the above discussion, we found that Xanax and Valium both have similarities and differences. But most important is that they have almost the same effect on the human body. It is proved by clinical trials that both medicines show excellent results. As for the side-effects, both are approximate show similar. In this case, the answer to the question of which drug to choose can be given only by your doctor who examines your body and level of disease.