Tramadol is the generic name for brand drug Ultram. It is an opioid analgesic useful in treating moderate to acute pain conditions. Buy Tramadol Online in the immediate-release oral formulation and intravenous injections. The onset of analgesic effects usually starts within an hour for immediate-release tablets. It is available in single-ingredient medication and combination with acetaminophen as an extended-release long-acting medicine.
Like other opiates, common adverse effects of Tramadol include itchiness, constipation, and nausea. Severe side effects may be decreased alertness, seizures, drug addiction, and increased risk of serotonin syndrome.
People with hepatic or renal impairment should take lower daily dosages. It is not recommendable for people who have suicidal ideation and pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Tramadol binds to the mu-opioid receptors on neurons. This medication is also a serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI). It is also convertible in the liver to a stronger opioid O-desmethyl tramadol, binding to the MOR.
A west German pharmaceutical company launched tramadol under the name “Tramal” in the year 1977. The United States FDA approved tramadol for medical use in the mid-1990s.
Tramadol is one of the most prescribed medications in the country, with more than 10 million prescriptions every year.
What are the risks associated with Tramadol?
The common risks or effects associated with tramadol include dry mouth, dizziness, nausea, abdominal pain, indigestion, vomiting, vertigo, drowsiness, and headache.
Use of Tramadol for a long duration at high doses is associats with the risk of psychical or psychological dependence. These dependencies lead to a withdrawal syndrome and addiction.
Just like other opioid analgesics, tramadol also possesses a high risk of addiction and abuse.
Tramadol withdrawal symptoms include both symptoms of opioid withdrawal and SNRIs withdrawal.
Some common signs of tramadol withdrawal include tingling, numbness, tinnitus, and paresthesia. Psychiatric withdrawal symptoms include paranoia, hallucination, panic attacks, extreme anxiety, and confusion. Tramadol withdrawal usually lasts longer than that of other opiates.
Recreational use of tramadol can be very dangerous because of the risks of convulsions at higher doses.
Tramadol abuse, addiction, and misuse are some of the significant risks associated with its use.
What is Tramadol addiction?
Buy tramadol online only on a doctor’s prescription. Taking the medication without prescriptions can cause addiction. People who misuse or abuse tramadol are at higher risks of addiction. After continual prolonged use, people develop tolerance of Tramadol. It leads them to take more and more drugs to achieve the same effects. Eventually, this causes the addiction to Tramadol.
Tramadol tolerant people need the medication to do their daily chores. They start craving for the drug. Without Tramadol, they are unable to function correctly.
The medication is less addictive when compared to other opioid analgesics. It is a schedule-IV substance under the Controlled Substance Act, 1970.
People get addicted to Tramadol as it produces calming or euphoric effects. Those who are abusing the medicine feel happy and relaxed.
What are the signs of Tramadol addiction?
Here are seven signs and symptoms that show you are addict to tramadol:
- Physical dependence: Tramadol physical dependence can develop with its prolonged use. With the development of dependence, some withdrawal symptoms can occur such as panic, sweating, nervousness, runny nose, muscle spasm, cold chills, diarrhoea, and seizures.
- Psychological dependence: A person addicted to Tramadol may experience psychological dependence. Individuals abusing the medication for a long time may develop compulsive cravings of Tramadol.
- Physical symptoms: Use of tramadol, even at recommended doses, can cause side effects. Abusing the drug causes many health problems such as muscle aches, drowsiness, constipation, sweating, weakness, headache, and fever.
- Compulsive use of Tramadol: People using tramadol compulsively despite its negative consequences such as relationship problems, health issues, financial issues, and neglecting personal hygiene.
- Getting High: People who have a tramadol addiction uses the drug to get high. Taking medicine for euphoric effects and feelings of well-being and peace comes in drug abuse.
- Use without prescription: If a person is using tramadol without prescription or at higher than prescribed doses, it means that the individual is abusing the drug. It leads to addiction.
- Drug Seeking: drug-seeking behaviour is the most common sign of addiction. Some tactics of drug-seeking include:
- Visiting different doctors for prescription
- Visiting emergency rooms to get Tramadol
- Repeatedly fake losing medicine to get more new ones
- Refusing to undergo tests or examinations for drug abuse
- Not providing medical records
- Tampering medications